Campfire Party Sites
How it Works
Host your small group event during our Annual Pumpkin Festival at one of our new Campfire Party Sites! It’s the ideal location for all things Fall! Bring your birthday party, corporate or alumni group, family get-together, scout troop, you name it! Sites are close to Festival activities yet provide privacy and a place to gather with family and friends.
All sites are reserved and paid for in advance.
Each party site accommodates a maximum of 30 people.
The site is yours from 11:00am until 4pm and includes:
- Sufficient wood for your campfire to burn about 5 hours
- 1 Picnic Table
- 2 Benches
- Priority Parking
- Maximum 30 people per site
The cost is $100 per campfire site, maximum 30 people per site, plus $12.00 Festival admission per person. For safety and comfort we must strictly adhere to the 30 person maximum per site. Each person at your site is required to purchase and wear a Butler’s Orchard Festival wristband.
- Guests may each pay their own admission to the Festival at the entrance, OR
- If you want to pay the admission for all your guests you may do one of the following:
- 1) purchase tickets in advance to distribute to your guests prior to the event date,
- 2) pay in advance for your expected number of attendees. Then, provide Butler’s Orchard with an alphabetized copy of your invitation list no later than the Wednesday prior to the event date. A credit card must be on file in our office. Your guests must check in at the Festival entrance gate as they arrive, where their attendance will be noted on the invitation list you’ve provided. Our office will follow up with you the following week to collect any money due or provide a refund if applicable.
IMPORTANT: If your party is larger than 30 people, you may reserve one adjoining Campfire Party Site. Only two sites may be reserved for any party, for a total of up to 60 people. If you are interested in hosting a party larger than 60 people, please contact our office at 301-428-0444 to discuss a Private Event.
Festival Dates for 2016: Every October Saturday and Sunday, Monday, October 10 (Columbus Day), and Saturday and Sunday, November 5 and 6.
Reservations for Campfire Party Sites are required and can be made via our Campfire Party Site webpage. A credit card is required to make a reservation. Your credit card will be charged at the time that you make your reservation. All reservations are first come, first served. You will receive an email confirming your reservation. Please see our cancellation policy in this document.
You can view the location of Campfire Party Sites on the map link on our Campfire Party Site webpage. You must choose your site number when making your reservation. Please let your guests know your site number. You may download our site map for your guests. Our admission gate will also have a site assignment list.
Food Packages are available online when you make your reservation or you may call us at 301-428-0444. Food orders must be placed at least 10 days in advance.
- Hot Dog Package: 32 uncooked hot dogs, 32 buns, 10 roasting sticks to share, condiments, and napkins. Package Price is $82.00.
- Hot Dog, Chips, and Drink Package: 32 uncooked hot dogs, 32 buns, 10 roasting sticks to share, 30 snack size Snyder chips, 2 gallons of Apple Cider, condiments, cups, and napkins. Package Price is $150.00
- S’Mores Package: Marshmallows, chocolate, graham crackers and 10 roasting sticks to share. Serves 30 people. $30.00
You may bring additional seating and your own food and beverage, if you like. We do not allow grills at the campfire party sites.
Our Pumpkin Festival is an alcohol free event.
For safety purposes, cars are not allowed at the campsites; you will be walking to your site from the nearby priority parking area. Please plan accordingly. You may want to bring a wagon if you are bringing many items.
Campfires will be started by Butler’s Orchard staff. You will add the additional wood yourself throughout the afternoon. You may purchase additional wood from our Event Coordinator for $35.00 per bundle.
Electricity is not available at our Campfire Party Sites.
Please note: there are no drop-offs allowed for parties. Everyone entering the Festival must drive through and pay at the admission gate. Please make other arrangements if you have guests who require a drop off.
Each site will have one trash can. Please let our Event Coordinator know if you will require additional trash bags. A recycling bin will also be provided.
We ask that you respect other groups by keeping noise to a minimum. We do not allow music to be played at the Campfire party sites.
It is the group host’s responsibility to ensure that your event site is cleaned and returned to its original condition. Groups will be charged an additional flat fee of $250 if Butler’s Orchard has to clean after an event.
Special Note for Groups Arriving by Bus:
Busses should approach Butler’s Orchard via Route 27 directly to Davis Mill Road
Map and directions are on our website at ButlersOrchard.com.
(There is a steep, hairpin turn coming from the other direction and every year busses get stuck.)
PLEASE share this information with your bus driver.
Cancellation Policy: Our Campfire Party Site cancellation policy allows a full refund 14 days or more before your event, 50% refund 7 – 14 days before event, and no refund less than 7 days prior. We are happy to help you reschedule.
Weather policy: Pumpkin Festival is a weather dependent event. If there is any doubt about the weather, please check our website, Facebook, or Twitter for updates on the morning of your visit. You can also call our recorded line at 301-972-3299. If Butler’s Orchard cancels Pumpkin Festival for the day, we are happy to help you reschedule or we will refund your Campfire Party Site rental fee. Pumpkin Festival tickets may be used for any Pumpkin Festival date or may be returned by the party host only for a refund through our office.
There are portable restrooms available in the Festival area.
Please call us at 301-428-0444 if:
- You would like to make an appointment to view our bonfire sites.
- If you have lost something on the farm. Please note that Butler’s Orchard is not responsible for lost items.
Service animals only, please.