Butler’s Orchard has been the picturesque setting for family, engagement, and holiday photo shoots. From Spring Blossoms to Christmas Trees, there’s a perfect backdrop for every occasion. Thank you for considering Butler’s Orchard for your next photo shoot!
Professional Photographer Definition:
Professional photographers are defined as persons being paid in cash or barter for their photos or bringing professional props and/or equipment on site. Professional photographers are expected to act as professionals and pay a fee per session. This includes photographers for whom photography is not their primary source of income. Professional photographers must pay for the right to shoot photographs on the property.
2017 Photography Session Policies:
- Professional photography sessions are allowed on the Orchard by appointment only. Payment and a signed copy of Butler’s Orchard Photography Policy Agreement must be received two weeks prior to session.
- Fee: $100 per session per photographer during business hours. $125 per photographer for any 2 hour session that begins after or extends beyond business hours.*
- One session is 2 hours. Photography sessions are not available during weekends in October.
- Photographer must check in at Farm Market prior to session to receive a windshield sign for your car, a map of the orchard, and directions to specific areas where you can take photographs. Windshield sign must be displayed at all times while on the property. When you have completed your session, please return materials and let the Manager know you are leaving the orchard.
- If the weather is uncertain, please call us the morning of your appointment. We are happy to reschedule your appointment.
- There shall be no unauthorized use of the Butler’s Orchard name or trademark and no expressed or implied endorsement of any product or service. Published photos (e.g., Facebook, Blog, and website) should credit location of photograph i.e.: Butler’s Orchard, Germantown, MD.
- All photographers and clients are expected to be courteous and respectful of property, customers, and activities while on the premises. Butler’s Orchard reserves the right to ask photographers and their clients to move or leave the premises if they are disruptive or non-compliant with our policies.
- Butler’s Orchard welcomes all photo submissions! If you’d like to share your photos with us, with your permission and credit, we may use them in print or online.
For more information and to set up an appointment, please call (301) 428-0444 at least 14 days prior to requested date.
*Business hours vary by season. Please check current business hour listings at Contact us and Directions