An exciting experience for the whole family!
Bring your friends and your sense of adventure and come out to the farm to enjoy a crisp autumn afternoon full of fall fun. From learning about the pumpkin life-cycle to picking their own pumpkin, children will learn about how food is grown and harvested while engaging in enjoyable, educational learning stations.
For groups of less than 10 people
Our reservations may be full, or the system may not be accepting last minute reservations, but small groups (under 10 total) may attend, just be aware there will be lots of visitors, you may want to consider visiting after 12:00 Noon.
Pumpkin Harvest Days are open to the general public, as well as to groups of all sizes. We welcome everyone – family outings of any size, boy and girl-scout troops, church groups, home-school groups, mom’s groups, schools, senior citizens. We ask that everyone make a reservation.
Pumpkin Harvest Days activities include:
- Exploring the learning stations, jumping in the hayloft barn, swooshing down the giant slides, visiting barnyard animals, taking a hayride to pick a pumpkin in the pumpkin patch, and exploring the straw maze.
- Each person picks one small pumpkin and also receives a crisp Butler’s Apple and a copy of the “Pumpkin Post” – a facts and fun worksheet that can be used in the classroom or at home to reinforce material learned on the Farm.
- Pumpkin Harvest Days are self-guided and all activities run continuously. You may do any activity in any order! Our picnic area is also open for you to enjoy if you bring a bag lunch.
2018 dates and times for Pumpkin Harvest Days:
- October 2 through November 2, Tuesdays through Fridays and Monday, October 29
- Closed all other Mondays
- Reservation times every half hour 9:30 am – 3:30 pm. Farm closes at 5:00pm.
- Come early in the month for the best pumpkin selection!
The 2018 fee is $7.50 per person for all children and all adults, including teachers and chaperones. Under age one is free unless they want to choose a pumpkin.
Allow at least 2-1/2 hours after arriving to enjoy all of the activities. You are welcome to stay longer!
Online reservations may be made via the Pumpkin Harvest Days page of our website. No payment is necessary when making your reservation. You will receive an email confirming your reservation. Please make a reservation even if your group is just 2 or 3 people. It helps us tremendously with our planning to know how many people to expect on any given day.
Teachers: Fridays are the busiest days for Pumpkin Harvest Days and often sell out early. If you require a Friday reservation, please make your reservation in August or earlier.
You will pay the day of your visit for the final number of people in your group. You may use cash, a school check, or MasterCard/VISA. Please collect all money in advance and make one payment for your entire group.
Billing: If your group requires an invoice please contact our office at 301-428-0444 as soon as you make your reservation. Any refunds are processed through our office only. The refund check will be sent to the issuing institution to the address on the check.
When you arrive, please follow the signs from our Farm Market to the Farm Park area where you will park. The gates for Pumpkin Harvest Days open at 9:30 am.
Special Notes for Groups Arriving by Bus:
- Busses should approach Butler’s Orchard via Route 27 directly to Davis Mill Road. Avoid Brink Road and Wildcat Road due to dangerous curves. Map and directions are on our website (link to website). PLEASE share this information with your bus drivers.
- PLEASE, have the children stay on the bus while your group leader pays at the booth and returns to the bus with wristbands for each child. You may then all proceed to the Festival area together.
- There are many picnic tables and grassy areas if you’d like to bring bag lunches. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted at Pumpkin Harvest Days. Snacks and drinks are available for purchase at the Farm Market.
Please call us at 301-428-0444 if:
- If your group has special needs of any kind. Groups with special needs are better served early in the month and after 12 Noon.
- You need to cancel or reschedule your visit.
- If the number of people in your reservation changes by more than 10. There is no need to call if your group number changes by 9 or less.
- If there is any doubt about the weather. If it’s too wet, we will be happy to reschedule your visit.
- You have lost something on the farm. Please note that Butler’s Orchard is not responsible for lost items.
Service animals only. No pets please.
The Farm has portable restrooms.