Please join us for a fun morning filled with flowers! This class covers basic floral design using locally grown flowers. All materials are provided including flowers, a mason jar and clippers. Participants take home their finished arrangements. Students are encouraged to explore their own style of design in this hands – on class. Class size is limited to 15 participants and lasts about 1.5 hours. Cost is $40.00.
HOW IT WORKS
2019 dates & times:
July 18, 9-11am
July 25, 9-11am
August 9, 5:30-7:30 pm
August 22, 9-11am
September 12, 9-11am
- A guided blossom tour of the Farm on a tractor-driven wagon
- Pollination Station with an observation bee hive
- Learn about our barnyard buddies – Charlie the pig, goats, and donkeys
- See the strawberry life cycle
- Story time using Suzy Strawberry felt board story
- Plant a strawberry plant to take home
- Picnic and Playtime in our Farm Park
Billing: If your group requires an invoice for a check request please contact our office at 301-428-0444 as soon as you make your reservation. Refunds are processed through our office only. The refund check will be sent to the issuing institution to the address on the check. Please allow 1 week to 10 days to receive refunds.
Special Note for Groups Arriving by Bus:
Don’t get stuck on Wildcat Road – dangerous curves!
From I-270, Take Exit 16 – Father Hurley Blvd.
Follow Route 27 toward Damascus
Continue about 3 miles on Route 27 to Davis Mill Road (Do NOT turn right on Brink Road).
Turn right on Davis Mill Road to our Farm Market on the right.
- Bring your own snacks or lunch for the picnic/play time portion of your day on the Farm.
- Dress appropriately for the weather and a day on the farm. Bring sunscreen, a hat and bottled water if it is expected to be very warm. In cooler weather, remember a light jacket or sweater.
- Special Needs Groups: Please contact our office so we can discuss potential accommodations.
- Strawberry Blossom Tours TO GO (Seasonal availability, 48 hours notice required). A great alternative if you are unable to make a trip to the Farm, or you are unable to re-schedule because of bad weather. Price is $4/person, please call for details.
Please call us at 301-428-0444 if:
- You need to adjust or cancel your reservation.
- There is any doubt about the weather. Strawberry Blossom tours can go rain or shine, but if it is too wet we are happy to help you reschedule.
- If you have lost something on the farm. Please note that Butler’s Orchard is not responsible for lost items.
Service animals only please.
The farm has portable restrooms.