Please join us for a fun morning filled with flowers! This class covers basic floral design using locally grown flowers. All materials are provided including flowers, a mason jar and clippers. Participants take home their finished arrangements. Students are encouraged to explore their own style of design in this hands – on class. Class size is limited to 20 participants and lasts about 1.5 hours. Cost is $40.00.
2019 dates & times:
July 18, 9-11am
July 25, 9-11am
August 9, 5:30-7:30 pm *Sunset Picking
August 22, 9-11am
September 12, 9-11am
The Flower Workshop:
- Register online using the link at the bottom of the page.
- Follow the signs for the Flower Workshop when you arrive on the farm. You will stop at the Welcome Gate for a wristband, then follow signs to the Flower Garden.
- Farmer Butler will introduce the workshop
- Our host, Kathy will provide instructions, education and insights on harvesting and arranging.
- Students will harvest and arrange at an individual station.
- After the event, Workshop participants are able to visit the Pick Your Own fields on the farm or enjoy the Farm Park and picnic area.
Please call us at 301-428-0444 if:
- You need to adjust or cancel your reservation.
- There is any doubt about the weather. We may rearrange location in the event of light drizzle, but if it is too wet we are happy to help you reschedule.
- If you have lost something on the farm. Please note that Butler’s Orchard is not responsible for lost items.
Service animals only please.
The farm has portable restrooms.
Special Note for Groups Arriving by Bus:
Don’t get stuck on Wildcat Road – dangerous curves!
From I-270, Take Exit 16 – Father Hurley Blvd.
Follow Route 27 toward Damascus
Continue about 3 miles on Route 27 to Davis Mill Road (Do NOT turn right on Brink Road).
Turn right on Davis Mill Road to our Farm Market on the right.
- Bring your own snacks or lunch for the picnic/play time portion of your day on the Farm.
- Dress appropriately for the weather and a day on the farm. Bring sunscreen, a hat and bottled water if it is expected to be very warm. In cooler weather, remember a light jacket or sweater.
- Special Needs Groups: Please contact our office so we can discuss potential accommodations.