Plan your birthday party or next group get-together on our Farm! Parties at Butler’s Orchard are ideal for birthdays, church groups, family celebrations and more.
Parties at Butler’s Orchard include the following:
- 4-6 reserved picnic tables (depending on size of group), plus access to electricity and covered space
- A private, tractor-driven wagon ride to a Pick Your Own field
- Enjoy picking in a private field and learning about the Farm and the crop you are picking from a knowledgeable Butler Employee
- Each member of your group picks their own pint (containers provided) of the crop of the season; see below
Enjoy our Farm Park Area (open to the public also):
- Swoosh down the Giant Slides
- Climb on the Wooden Play Structures
- Ride the Pedal Tractors
- Race the Rubber Ducky Derby
2018 dates and times for Birthday Parties/Parties:
- Weekends June 2 through September 23, 2018
- Party reservation times: 10am, 12 Noon, and 2pm
- Each group is allowed 2 ½ hours from scheduled start time, including setup and cleanup
- You may arrive 10–15 minutes prior to your scheduled start time
The fee for 2018 is $375 per party, including up to 30 people. Under one is free.
- Each additional person over 30 people is $12.50 per person
- Maximum number of people at one Country Gathering is 60.
- For the comfort and safety of all our guests, as well as logistical purposes, we strictly adhere to the maximum of 60 people per Country Gathering.
Your private wagon ride will begin 30 minutes after your reservation time (i.e., party at 12 Noon, wagon ride at 12:30). This allows time for all of your guests to arrive. Please remind your guests to be on time so they don’t miss the wagon ride and picking!
For logistical reasons, we are unable to customize your event and offer the wagon ride at another time during your party.
The wagon ride will depart from the Tractor Corral.
Your wagon ride and picking time lasts about 45 minutes.
A water cooler and cone cups will be provided during your wagon ride and picking time
Each member of your group will pick one pint of the available seasonal crop. In general:
- June = Strawberries
- later June and July = Blueberries or Flowers
- July and August = Thornless Blackberries or Flowers,
- August and September = Raspberries, Apples, Flowers, Potatoes, Sweet Cherry Tomatoes or Sweet Peppers
All crops subject to availability. Dates are approximate. Weather conditions and demand determine the supply of our crops.
Reservations are made online via the link at the bottom of this page. A credit card is required to make a reservation. Your credit card will be charged at the time you make your reservation. All reservations are first come, first served. You will receive an email confirmation. Please see our cancellation policy before making your reservation.
- Our office will contact you prior to your Party to provide us with a copy of your complete invitation list for our check-in gate.
- When you arrive on the Farm, follow the signs for Birthdays/Parties to our entrance gate and check-in to receive your party wristband. You will then continue to the Farm Park where our Farm Host will greet you and direct you to your site. A Farm Host will be available for questions throughout your visit.
All your guests should follow the signs for Birthdays/Parties. At the entrance they can check in and receive their party wristband. They will then continue to the Farm Park area and meet your group at the party site.
Please call our office for pricing and to place an order for your Party! Choices include:
- All Beef Hot Dog on a Potato Roll
- Butler’s Jam and Peanut Butter on bakery fresh bread
- Potato Chips (snack size bag)
- Butler’s Homemade Donut, seasonal Blueberry or Apple Cider
- Bottled Water, 16 oz
- Juice Box
- Please bring all paper goods, tablecloths, and decorations that you would like to use. Picnic tables are 8′ x 4′.
- You may bring outside food and beverages. Alcohol is not permitted.
- Pinatas are welcome, just remember to bring your own string and stick. Please do not bring water balloons, they are harmful to birds and wildlife.
- We have a refrigerator and freezer space available for use during your event. Please let the farm host know when you arrive if you need to use the refrigerator or freezer.
- Sorry, we do not allow grills.
- Trash cans and recycling bins are provided. We ask that your site be left in the same condition as you found it. We will take the trash away.
- Please be prepared to use portable restrooms located a short walk from the picnic area
- Full refund 30 days or more before your event
- 50% refund 14- 29 days before your event
- No refund less than 14 days prior to your event
- We are happy to help you reschedule.
Please call us at 301-428-0444 if:
- You would like to make an appointment to view our party sites.
- You would like to order food for your party (must be arranged and pre-paid 10 days prior to event).
- You would like to have additional time at your party. $120 per hour, based on availability.
- You would like to add optional Moon Bounce ($200) or Face Painting ($50 per 15 children).
- You would like to rent a private portable restroom for your guests($250)
- There is any doubt about the weather the morning of your party. If it is too wet, we will be happy to reschedule your party.
Service animals only. No pets please.
Weekends beginning June 2 through September 23, 2018