Canceled for 2020
We are so sorry to cancel our Blossom Tours for this season. We hope all are staying safe and well and we will offer pick your own strawberries when they are ready in May. Please watch our website for picking information. Know that we look forward to offering all of our reservations and opening our Farm as soon as circumstances allow.
Strawberry Blossom Tours take place when the Farm is in bloom. Each person gets to plant a strawberry plant to grow at home. Your group will not be picking strawberries. An enjoyable, educational Spring field trip for children in preschool through third grade. Students can experience a working farm, see how food is planted and grown; learn about honeybees and native pollinators; and enjoy a hands-on planting activity.
How It Works…
2020 dates canceled.
10:00am reservations are for groups of 20 or more. (Programming starts promptly at 10:00am. Picnic & play time is from 11:30am- 12:00pm)
11:30am reservations are for all group sizes (no minimum required)(Picnic & play time is 11:30am – 12:00pm. Programming starts promptly at 12:00pm)
Plan to arrive and check in 15 minutes prior to your reservation time. Strawberry Blossom Tours are a timed, structured tour with multiple stations. The fee is $9.25/person, including all children and all teachers/chaperones. Children under twelve months are free unless they want a strawberry plant. We do not offer any special pricing. Strawberry Blossom Tours are divided into stations and each small group will rotate through all the stations in about 1- 1 and 1/2 hours. Groups will pay the day of your visit. You may use cash, school check, or MasterCard/Visa. Please collect all money in advance and make one payment for your group. Programming may need to be adjusted if your group arrives late.
If your group requires an invoice for a check request please contact our office at 301- 428-0444 as soon as you make your reservation. Refunds are processed through our office only. The refund check will be sent to the issuing institution to the address on the check. Please allow 1 week to 10 days to receive refunds.
Please call us at 301-428-0444 if:
- You need to adjust or cancel your reservation.
- There is any doubt about the weather. Strawberry Blossom Tours may go rain or shine, but if it is too wet we are happy to help you reschedule.
- If you have lost something on the farm. Please note that Butler’s Orchard is not responsible for lost items.
Service animals only please.
The farm has portable restrooms.
Special Note for Groups Arriving by Bus:
Don’t get stuck on Wildcat Road – dangerous curves!
From I-270, Take Exit 16 – Father Hurley Blvd.
Follow Route 27 toward Damascus
Continue about 3 miles on Route 27 to Davis Mill Road (Do NOT turn right on Brink Road).
Turn right on Davis Mill Road to our Farm Market on the right.
- Bring your own snacks or lunch for the picnic/play time portion of your day on the Farm.
- Dress appropriately for the weather and a day on the farm. Bring sunscreen, a hat and bottled water if it is expected to be very warm. In cooler weather, remember a light jacket or sweater.
- Special Needs Groups: Please contact our office so we can discuss potential accommodations.