A large variety of Pick Your Own crops are available at Butler’s Orchard on a seasonal basis.
Please read our Admission/Day Pass Information to learn about Farm access.
All dates are approximate. Weather conditions and demand determine the supply of our fruits and vegetables.
Mid-Late May through June
|Sugar Snap and English Peas||
Mid-June through late June
Mid-June through early July
Late June through early August
July through September
Mid-July through August
Late July through September
Mid-August through first frost
Early September through mid-October
Late September through October
Late November through December 24
Excellent Picking Conditions …
- The fruit is abundant and easily found.
- It does not require much time to pick and fill a container.
- One does not have to cover much distance or area in the field to fill a container.
- There is more excellent quality fruit.
- It is the peak of the season.
Good Picking Conditions …
- The fruit is abundant, but not as plentiful or easily found as when conditions are excellent.
- It takes a little longer to pick the same amount of fruit as compared to when conditions are excellent.
- Yo may have to cover more area to fill your container.
- The quality of the fruit is still very good.
- The season may be starting or winding down, or we may be in between the peak of a variety of a crop.
Scattered Picking Conditions …
- There is not a lot of fruit and the crop might be considered “light”.
- It takes longer to pick and fill your container.
- You will have to work harder and cover more area to fill your container.
- The quality can be excellent and there will be pockets of great fruit but it will take more effort.
- Picking can be scattered when the season is just beginning or when it is ending.
If the weather is uncertain, please call before coming (301-972-3299).